The processing only takes place for the following clearly defined objectives:
- Following up on information requests;
- Customer management: customer administration, order management, deliveries, invoicing, support, complaint monitoring and sending newsletters;
- Replying and following up on questions and suggestions through the chat function on the Website in a clear, pertinent and targeted manner.
- Following up on applications and keeping track of CVs and covering letters for future vacancies;
- Managing disputes;
- Protection against fraud and breaches;
- Personalised marketing and advertising if you have expressly agreed to this. In this case, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
- A few personal data items are also collected for statistical objectives when our Website is visited. Transport Martens uses Google Analytics and Hotjar to follow and analyse Internet traffic and the browsing behaviour of the User. Thanks to the results of these analyses, we can optimise the use of our Website. When you visit the Website, you declare that you agree with this data collection for statistical objectives as described above.
The User is the person who always supplies the personal data to Transport Martens and can therefore exercise a certain degree of control. If specific personal data items are incomplete or seem incorrect, Transport Martens reserves the right to defer specific expected actions temporarily or permanently.
9 Who receives your personal data?
Your personal data are only processed for internal use within << Customer>>. Your personal data will not be sold, passed on or communicated to third parties except when you have given us prior explicit consent for this.
The data that you provide within the context of an application will never be disclosed to third parties.
10 How long will we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be kept for as long as this is required to strive for the 5 proposed objectives specified in article 5. The data will be erased from the database when it is no longer required to strive for these objectives or if the User exercises the right to have his or her personal data erased in an appropriate manner.
With regard to CVs and covering letters of rejected candidates, we will retain this personal data for two years at most with your consent. If a vacancy becomes available for which you qualify, we can therefore contact you.
11 What are your rights?
11.1 Guarantee of a legal and secure processing of personal data
Your personal data will only be processed for legitimate objectives as set out in article 5.
Personal data is collected and processed in a suitable, relevant and proportional manner and will not be kept for longer than required to achieve the proposed objectives.
11.2 Right of access
If you can prove your identity, you will have the right to access information about the processing of your personal data. You therefore have the right to access the processing objectives, personal data categories, categories of recipients to whom the personal data is sent, criteria that determine the data retention period and rights that you can exercise with regard to your personal data.
11.3 Right to rectify personal data
Inaccurate or incomplete information can be rectified. Firstly, it is the User's responsibility to implement the required changes to his or her 'User Profile'. Users may also approach us to make a request for change.
11.4 Right of erasure of your personal data
You also have the right to have your personal data erased in the following cases:
- Your personal data is no longer required for the proposed objective;
- You revoke your consent to allow us to process your personal data and there is no other legal basis on which to process your personal data;
- You have legitimately submitted an objection against your personal data being processed;
- Your personal data is being processed unlawfully;
- Your personal data must be erased based on a legal obligation.
The erasure of personal data is mainly related to visibility; it is possible that the erased personal data may continue to be stored temporarily.
11.5 Right to restriction of processing
In some cases, you will have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted. This certainly applies in case of a dispute with regard to the accuracy of the personal data, if the personal data is required within the context of a legal procedure or during the time that Transport Martens needs to determine that you can legally exercise your right of removal.
11.6 Right to lodge an objection
You have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data for ‘direct marketing’ objectives, profiling objectives or objectives that arise from the legitimate interests of the data controller. Transport Martens will stop processing your personal data unless Transport Martens can prove that there are imperative legal reasons to process your personal data that predominate with regard to your right to object.
11.7 Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain the personal data issued to Transport Martens in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (for example, an Excel file). In addition, you have the right to transfer this personal data to another controller unless this is impossible technically.
11.8 Right to withdraw your consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, for example, when you have given it for direct marketing objectives.
12 How can you exercise your rights?
If you want to exercise your rights, you must send a request and proof of identity to Transport Martens, Grotenhoutlaan 12, 2300 Turnhout, Belgium, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will replay as soon as possible and no later than one (1) month after receiving your request.
13 Possibility to submit a complaint
If you do not agree that Transport Martens , processes your personal data, you have the right to submit a complaint to the competent supervisory authority (for Belgium this is https://www.privacycommission.be/